The need for a convertible, 2 in 1 gaming laptop has increased with the growth of the gaming industry. Surprisingly, the 2 in 1 gaming laptops are rarely found on the shelves which is why most people resort to shopping for these innovative devices on platforms like Amazon.
They are typically built as small, powerful, compact, and lightweight devices that give users the unique ability to browse or play video games in the traditional fashion or on a touch screen tablet. Since most gaming laptops and gaming PCs tend to be heavy, the question arises of how can the gaming hardware fit into such a tiny profile? That’s just what the best 2 in 1 gaming laptop is trying to accomplish.
Here is our list of the Top 5 best 2 in 1 gaming laptops on the market in 2020. If you are playing in an environment where a tablet is needed, this list is for you! If you don’t need a tablet or touch screen experience, we strongly suggest taking a look at our list of Best Gaming Laptops in 2020.
Just so you know, if you click on a product and decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
For the money, this Lenovo Tablet excels compared to any other gaming tablet on the market. Boasting an impressive 7th generation i7 CPU, a 512 GB SSD hard drive, 16 GB of RAM, this gaming tablet was built to last. Not to mention the fact that it features a GTX 1050 GPU, this graphics card is competitive still today and will handle just about any game you throw at it.
The Lenovo tablet also comes with Windows 10 and Ink powered applications such as Outlook, Skype, and Adobe. With the Illustrator, Windows Ink is optimized to provide a tactile drawing interface for those looking to flex your creative skills.
Lastly, this tablet supports high definition audio and videos, which are highly recommended for digital content. The laptop contains built-in web cam and finger-print reader. As well as a strong, durable, and sleek design. Lastly, the 4k screen looks gorgeous and will prove the immersive experience you’ve been looking for.
Overall, this Lenovo tablet is quick and reliable. The screen is not as large as other machines, but it functions very well compared to most. The high-end hardware that this gaming tablet features, allows for the computer to respond to even the most complex of tasks. If you are considering buying a 2 in 1 gaming tablet, the Lenovo Yoga should be seriously considered.
- The Lenovo tablet is powerful and resource intensive to handle even the newest of games.
- Sleek metallic body that is built to last for many years. This 2 in 1 gaming laptop is something to show off.
- Great fingerprint addition for the latest biometric security features. The Lenovo tablet takes security very serious!
- Some users have commented on a black bar issue along the bottom of the Lenovo tablet.
- Low battery life when operating heavily, if you plan to game for a few hours, bring your charger!
- No HDMI port on the Lenovo tablet but there are plenty of USB ports if you wanted to plug in a USB hub (which you should be doing).
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad-Core Processor 2.8 GHz (max boost speed up to 3.8GHz) 6MB Cache, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics 2GB Dedicated Video memorry
- 15.6-inch 4K IPS 10-point multitouch screen, Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution Widescreen LED, Convertible 360° flip-and-fold design, Stylus Capable Screen, Windows Ink Capable, Stylus not included
- 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM 2133 MHz, 512GB Solid State Drive, Backlit keyboard, Fingerprint Reader, Thunderbolt port for connecting advanced monitors and external drives, NO Optical Drive
- Ultra-fast 802.11 A/C WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, 1USB Type-C port, 1 SuperSpeed 10Gbs USB 3.1 port, 2X high speed USB 3.0, 1x Combo audio jack, JBL Stereo Speakers with Dolby Audio, HD webcam with two microphones
- Windows 10 home 64 bit, Weighs4.41lbs, measures 0.8" thin, Battery life up to 8 hours, Color: Silver
The next 2 in 1 gaming laptop on our list is the Acer Spin 3, arguably the best pound for pound Acer tablet available. This multipurpose laptop comes with a large, sharp display screen as well as a webcam, 2 speakers and 2 USB ports. The speakers on the laptop work exceptionally well with the added sub-woofer. With its brilliant display and tone, this laptop is a powerful film and gaming computer.
The Acer tablet features an 8th generation i7 CPU and a built in GeForce GTX 1050 GPU which can stand up to any game you throw at it. The 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB SSD hard drive and 14 inch IPS screen are added frosting on the cake. If you are looking for one of the best 2 in 1 gaming laptops, look no further than the Acer Spin 3.
With most gaming laptops, people typically have to decide between buying an overpriced gaming rig that will last for just as long as the hardware lasts or buying a budget laptop that probably won’t perform well later down the road. For some, they would rather buy the best gaming laptop now, at double or triple the price, so that it will still handle most games in 5-7 years. Others choose to buy a budget gaming laptop at half or a third of the cost knowing that it will be obsolete in 2-3 years. This Acer tablet is both, it’s cheap and it will still be around in 5 years!
Overall, the Acer tablet is an exceptional choice if you are looking to purchase a convertible laptop that can be used as a gaming laptop or a touch screen tablet. The best part? The hardware inside this lightweight gaming laptop is unprecedented with the ability to perform well for years even with the advancement of video games.
- Long battery life, giving you the ability to game for hours without needing a charge.
- Good multi-media performance and top of the line hardware built to last and can handle just about any video game you throw at it.
- Beautiful responsive screen that will give any user an immersive gaming experience.
- Some have pointed out a black border around the display part.
- The Acer tablet comes preinstalled with a lot of bloat and unneeded software. This can easily be removed, but for those looking for an out of the box solution, expect to take a few hours cleaning up the mess.
- Glossy screen reflects light which may require the user to tactically locate the screen away from the sun and any internal lights.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- Alexa Built-in
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Multi-Touch Display
- 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD
When considering a gaming tablet, most look no further than the HP tablet. The HP Spectre consists of the newest Intel Core eighth generation edition i7 CPU and the Radeon RX Vega GPU. Together, these two pieces of hardware singlehandedly make this 2 in 1 laptop a top competitor.
In addition to the processor and graphics card, the HP Spectre features gorilla glass to reduce fingerprints and smudges, a biometric fingerprint reader for added security, 16 GB of RAM, 4k IPS screen resolution, a huge 1 TB SSD for added space and much more!
This elegant laptop was designed to provide you with unbelievable graphics and speed. Whether it is photo and video editing, gaming or general use, this gaming tablet performs instantly and efficiently. Look no further than the HP Tablet if you want the best gaming laptop in 2020 that can also act as a tablet. A bit pricier, but worth the money.
The HP Tablet has four unique modes that convert from a powerful laptop to a beautiful tablet canvas. For easy and secure login, we added an IR camera with the fingerprint reader. Look no further than the HP Spectre if you want a secure, multifunctional gaming laptop.
- Powerful graphic card tested and benchmarked to handle any game on the market today.
- Handy pen tool and touch screen for those looking to flex their creative sides with the HP Tablet.
- Although we tote the HP Spectre as a 2 in 1 gaming laptop, it is honestly an all-around laptop that can be used for any purposes, especially video and photo editing.
- The hardware components run a little hotter since this device is using a Radeon GPU opposed to the GeForce GTX. Just be sure to allow for proper ventilation.
- The HP tablet is a next level tablet, but with that comes noise!
HP Tablet – Best Overall Choice
The best overall choice was an easy decision for us, and that’s the HP Spectre. This computer may come in at a higher cost, but for good reason. The hardware specs that this gaming laptop features, as well as the general usability, puts it at the top of our list.
- Include Worldwide Manufacturer Warranty from HP. Complimentary Windows 10 Pro Upgrade upon request
- Newest model 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8705G (3.1 GHz, up to 4.1 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) + Radeon RX Vega M Graphics (4GB dedicated memory), Windows 10 Home 64 - Dark Ash Color. With Corning Gorilla glass display, fingerprint reader, dedicated num keypad, dual Thunderbolt ports. 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM(2x8GB), HP TrueVision FHD IR Camera with Dual array digital microphone
- 15.6" diagonal 4K IPS micro-edge BrightView WLED-backlit touch screen with Corning Gorilla Glass NBT (3840 x 2160), HP Active Stylus, HP Sleeve
- Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo, Bang & Olufsen, Quad speakers, HP Audio Boost, HP Imagepad with multi-touch gesture support
- 2 Thunderbolt 3 (Data Transfer up to 40 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI v2.0; 1 headphone/microphone combo
The ASUS tablet is our unsung hero on this list of 2 in 1 gaming laptops, don’t let the price tag fool you. Yes, this convertible tablet is our best budget choice for gaming laptops in 2020, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t stack up well with some of the higher end laptops on our list. Here is what we love about the Aus tablet.
This tablet features a modest 128 GB SSD with an additional 1 TB HDD, which is exactly what you look for in a gaming device. The SSD allows for you to launch and run games quickly, while all of the other data you typically save to your SSD can be relocated to your hard drive. Hard drive space is not something to be messed around with if you ask the Asus 2 in 1 laptop.
The Asus 2 in 1 laptop comes with an i5 CPU, 8 GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA 940MX GPU that will operate and handle most games to come in the next few years. Although the Asus tablet may become too outdated in 3-5 years, you should seriously consider buying it now and saving up for something better down the road.
- The Asus tablet is lightweight, sleek and offers a shiny metallic body.
- Surprisingly, the Asus tablet boasts a long-lasting battery so you can game from virtually anywhere.
- Finally, the Asus 2 in 1 laptop features dual hard drives, allowing for quick and efficient read-write speeds.
- The computer runs a little louder than most do to the spinning hard drive and cheaper parts.
- With the addition of a spinning hard drive, the computer is vulnerable to damages if accidentally dropped.
- The outer shell of the Asus tablet, and the overall general feel of the laptop, comes off as a bit cheap to some.
Asus 2 in 1 Laptop – Best Budget Choice
On a budget? Go with the Asus 2 in 1 laptop. The Asus 2-in-1 laptop is hands down the clear winner. For half the price, with nearly the same specs as the others, the Asus tablet will be a solid gaming laptop for a few years at least.
- 15.6" Full HD 1920 x 1080 LED Backlit Touch Screen; 360 Design, Front facing VGA web camera; Full Size Chicklet Keyboard, with integrated Numeric keypad
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7200U Dual-Core Processor 2.5 GHz (max boost speed up to 3.1GHz 3MB Cache) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 940MX graphics 2GB video graphics
- 8GB DDR4 RAM; 1 TB HDD + 128GB SSD Hybrid Hard Drive; 1xSD Card Reader; No Optical Drive
- 802.11ac Intel WIFI+ Bluetooth 4.0; 10/100/1000 Mbps; 1x USB3.1 Type C (Gen 1), 2x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert, 1x Headphone out & Audio-in Combo Jack
- Windows 10 (64 Bit); 38WHrs, 2S1P, 2-cell Li-ion Polymer Battery Pack, Up to 6 hours; NO Optical Drive
There is a reason we chose the LG tablet for our list of best 2 in 1 gaming laptop. With a lightweight military grade shell, Corning Gorilla 5 Glass to protect from smudges and fingerprints, the addition of a stylus pen for creative design, and the ability to turn into a convertible laptop, it’s no wonder why we chose the LG tablet for our list.
Featuring an impressive i7 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and a massive 512 GB SSD hard drive, this LG tablet is the real deal. Not only is the LG tablet lightweight, and extremely fast, it can act as more than just a gaming rig. People enjoy using the Wacom pen and the beautiful IPS HD display for creative hobbies such as video, photography and art.
We do need to point out that the GPU on this LG tablet is subpar compared to the others we have mentioned which is why it may not have much longevity in todays day and age with more and more graphics intensive video games pouring out from all over. Still, it is a solid contender and should seriously be considered depending on your budget and needs.
- The LG tablet is lightweight and features a military grade outer shell.
- Great hardware components that compare with most other 2 in 1 gaming laptops on the market today.
- Top of the line creative hub with the addition of a Wacom pen and an intelligent IPS HD display.
- Very low-end GPU which may be a deal breaker for those looking to game heavily on graphic intensive games.
- The LG tablet is a bit overpriced for what you receive in terms of specs.
- 14.0 inch Full HD IPS LCD touchscreen
- Converts to 14 tablet - includes Wacom AES 2.0 pen
- Intel 8th Generation i7-8565u Processor
- 16GB RAM & 512GB SSD
- 72Wh Lithium battery
Best 2 in 1 Gaming Laptops
The above 2 in 1 gaming laptops are reliable and highly recommended for video gamers as well as for common users. Although we typically recommend these gaming laptops to the gaming community, it should be noted that most of these make for great everyday use laptops, as well as hubs for those looking to utilize their creative side.
The gaming tablets we listed are all excellent options, but we recommend looking at the two that we highlighted. If you need a 2 in 1 gaming tablet, those are the two we recommend. You can click the links above for further information, but we recommend reading the buying guides before purchasing any of the products listed and go through the user reviews for further satisfaction.