Best Gaming Laptop Under 500
It’s 2020 and you want to enjoy the freedom of mobile gaming but don’t quite have the means to afford a super high-end gaming laptop. No worries, we have included a list for the best gaming laptop under 500 in 2020. Although these laptops won’t be able to play some of the newer games being released today (GTA 5, Total War, The Witcher 3), there are still plenty of games that you can enjoy for hours on end, even on a $500 gaming laptop.
Not only have we included a list for the best gaming laptop under 500, we also have provided links on where to buy them. Check out our list and happy gaming!
Just so you know, if you click on a product and decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
1.) Acer Aspire 5 Fastest Gaming Laptop
Fastest Gaming Laptop
When you search for the best gaming laptop in 2020, Acer doesn’t always show up on the top of any lists or come to mind. So you’re probably wondering why it is on our list. Well, that’s because Acer cares about providing options at a budget.
The Acer gaming laptop does an excellent job coupling low cost and high performance with their Acer Aspire 5 gaming laptop. There is no debate that this is a best buy gaming laptop for anyone looking to save money.
With a sleek and polished looking exterior, this budget gaming laptop looks impressive compared to it’s competitors. If you flip it over and dissect the hardware components within, you’ll find an impressive Intel Core i5-8265U quad-core processor, along with 8 GB of RAM, a 256 GB SSD and an impressive Intel UHD 620 integrated graphics card.
On the outside, you’ll find an impressive sound display, a modest 15.6 inch Full HD IPS display with Acer’s built-in Color Intelligence which prevents eye strain by reducing blue lights. You could also install f.lux, our go-to for reducing blue light, but the Acer gaming laptop does a great job doing this on it’s own.
The Acer Aspire 5 also boasts an impressive cooling system that keeps the CPU nice and cool, while also circulating air within to prevent necessary components from overheating. Whether you are a casual gamer, or someone that spends all night gaming and reading r/gaming, this laptop won’t be overheating any time soon.
We highly recommend this gaming laptop as it offers impressive specs for under $500. Did we mention they are ON SALE?
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8265U Processor (Upto 3.9 gram Hz) | 8 GB DDR4 Memory | 256 GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 Inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display | Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 1 - USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 port, 2 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports (one with Power-off Charging), 1 - USB 2.0 Port & 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP Support
- 802.11ac WiFi | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader | Upto 9.5 Hours Battery Life
2.) HP 15t Most Reliable Gaming Laptop
Most Reliable Gaming Laptop
Next on our list is the HP 15t laptop. There are always impressive gaming laptops under 500 from HP, so we are not surprised that this one is a beauty. Featuring a Full-HD 15.6 inch display and a smooth outer shell, this gaming laptop was built to impress.
Featuring a 10th Generation quad-core Intel Core i5 processor, paired with 8 GB of RAM, a 256 GB SSD and a UHD 620 graphics card, you won’t find a better built laptop for under $500.
The HP 15t Laptop also includes a modest sound system with an average battery life of 7 hours, giving any gamer the ability to game for hours. It also comes with Windows 10 OS pre-installed, meaning you can power it up straight from the box and play your favorite games.
We think this gaming laptop is the perfect choice in 2020 for a budget laptop under 500. Go check them out while they are still available.
- 10th Gen Intel Dual Core i3-1005G1 (1.2 GHz, up to 3.4 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM, 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, Intel UHD Graphics
- 15.6" diagonal FHD SVA anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
- Realtek Wi-Fi 5 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5 Combo (MU-MIMO supported), No DVD
- Full-size island-style ash silver keyboard with numeric keypad, Windows 10 Home 64
3.) Lenovo Ideapad S340 Best Custom Gaming Laptop
Best Custom Gaming Laptop
It’s not often that we recommend getting rid of your old desk weight, I mean gaming PC, but the Lenovo Ideapad S340 is a great gaming option. In fact, this laptop is so impressive that it competes with most gaming desktops under 500, making it a great choice for a gaming laptop under 500.
Featuring a slim design, weighing just over 3 lbs., this gaming laptop is incredibly portable. Not only is it light weight, it also is built with a long lasting battery, meaning you can leave your charger home all day while you slay monsters while sipping your coffee at the local cafe.
There are a few variations of this laptop that we have picked, but this one is the best bang for your buck, offering an HD display, spectacular sound and display technology and powerful internal components. These include an Inetl Core i5 quad-core processor, UHD 620 graphics, 8GB of RAM and a 256 GB SSD (a very fast hard drive).
If we haven’t sold you on the others yet, surely this one is a no-brainer. If you have a few more dollars to spend, we recommend checking out some variations of this computer. You can check out the different models here.
- Powerful and Smart - The IdeaPad S340 is powered by the 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8145U 2.1GHz up to 3.9GHz with 4MB SmartCache, so you’ll enjoy fast processing no matter what tasks you’re handling. It’s also included thoughtful design elements, such as the camera shutter that puts you in control of what your webcam sees. The DDR4 2400 MHz RAM and Solid State Drive combo provide plenty of storage either for work or gameplay.
- Visual and Auditory Enjoyment - The IdeaPad S340 brings your audio experience alive with the theater-like sound of Dolby Audio. You'll also get the most of your display, thanks to its slim top and side bezels and Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620.
- Fit You the Most - If you're looking for powerful Intel processing in a 15" laptop, the IdeaPad S340 is the laptop for you. It's thin and light for easy portability. Narrow bezels let you get the most out of the display with optional touch. Thoughtful design details, like the webcam privacy and backlit keyboard completes your experience.
- Complete Configuration - 2 x USB Type-A (USB 3.1 Gen 1), 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1 x HDMI 1.4b, 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Headphone/Microphone Output and 1 x SDXC/MMCplus Hybrid satisfy your needs for work or gameplay.
- Best System Yet - The Window 10 defends your desktops using built-in security tools that always stay current with the latest threats. Proactively safeguard your organization with enterprise-level security on all apps and devices. And give you the easy, collaborative experiences, with access to the latest intelligent technologies. Stay in control of your organization's devices while delivering rich capabilities across PC and mobile.
4.) Dell Inspiron 5585 Best Low Budget Gaming Laptop
Best Low Budget Gaming Laptop
Not all gaming laptops are created equal and the Dell Inspiron 5585 proves why it is the best budget gaming laptop on the market today.
This laptop is a little different compared to the others listed so far, as it is powereed with an AMD Ryzen 5 processor instead of the dependable Intel Core processors. With the AMD Ryzen 5 processor, it comes clocked with a speed of 3.7 GHz, which is quite impressive for a gaming laptop under 400, or right around there.
With AMD processor, cooling can sometimes be a factor, but this laptop does a great job exhausting the hot air, preventing any damages due to overheating from within. In addition to excellent cooling, this laptop offers a 15.6 inch Full-HD display which gets the job done for gaming. With a decent battery life of 5 hours, and a generous weight of 3.9 lbs, this laptop still makes it a great mobile gaming option.
In addition to the AMD processor, the specs include a standard 8 GB of RAM, a 256 GB SSD and AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics. All of which can handle your entry level games. Overall, it is a great budget gaming laptop and we highly recommend it for anyone just starting out with gaming or that is trying to save money.
- Powered by 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7200U mobile Processor smart dual-core processing performance for HD-quality computing. 15. 6" Led backlit touchscreen with True-life HD. Lets you enjoy your favorite movies, shows and games in stunning 1366 x 768 resolution.
- 8GB of DDR4 memory is available to run games, programs and more. 256GB SSD for fast start-up while still has plenty of storage space for your documents and programs.
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics 620 for outstanding gaming and streaming video. Hdmi? Port lets you view videos, photos and games right on your HDTV or larger screen
- Integrated Bluetooth 4. 0 technology. Permits short-range wireless data transfers at up to 30' With other Bluetooth-enabled devices, including speakers, printers and phones. Windows 10 Home 64 Bit, Battery: 4-cell lithium-ion, 0. 9" Thin, 5. 07 lbs Weight, color: black
- Laptop is no DVD Optical Drive.
5.) HP 17-by1033dx Best Gaming Laptop Under 500
Best Gaming Laptop Under 500
Yeah, I said it… This is the best $500 gaming laptop there is out there, what are you going to do about it? Not only is the HP 17-by1033dx a gaming laptop under 500, it is incredibly overpowered for the price. HP, you out did yourself again.
With great power comes great
responsibility weight, this laptop comes in weighing the most out of all of the laptops on our list. But you know what they say, bigger head, bigger gaming specs. Not what you were thinking? Oh well!
Now that you know about this laptops weight problem, lets dive into what we love about it. For starters, it yields an 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8265U Quad-Core 1.6 GHz Processor (Turbo up to 3.9 GHz) with an integrated Intel UHD graphics. What does this mean? Well, it can handle GTA 5 with slightly scaled down specs, something that the others are unable to do.
Also, this gaming laptop comes with 8GB of RAM and a massive 1 TB HDD. For those that want to upgrade this laptop in the future, you may want to consider adding an SSD for an even quicker read/write which will really make the HP 17-by1033dx shine!
Did I mention that this laptop was heavier? Well, it may be because it offers a 17.3 inch HD display, unlike the other smaller competitors previously mentioned. For a 17 laptop, this one actually is quite light, making it the perfect budget laptop that can be used for mobile gaming.
For $500, you can’t go wrong with this laptop as it is both affordable and powerful. I once owned an HP a long long time ago, and well, I still own it because they are built to last laptops.
- Windows 10 Home; 8th Gen Intel® Core i5-8265U processor; 17.3" display; 8GB memory; 1TB hard drive; Bluetooth; HDMI output
There are many other gaming laptops under 500 that you can find out there, but these are the best available options as of the time of writing this article. If you are willing to save $100-$250 more, there are much better gaming laptops that will handle almost any game you throw at it.
It should be noted that there may be refurbished gaming laptops under 500 that are better than the ones listed above. If you are looking for the best refurbished laptops, you’ll want to search for laptops in the $600 range and then find the refurbished or used versions of them.
I hope you found our list of the best gaming laptop under 500 in 2020 useful. Feel free to check out our other buying guides!