With the advancement of such high-end hardware and the addition of incredibly immersive peripherals, gaming laptops are the complete package. They truely are an all encompassing entertainment hub with sleek designs, unlimited processing power and advanced audio/video that will have you craving for more. So, we have decided to throw together a list of the top 5 best gaming laptops in 2020.
Our top picks include the best gaming laptops from Asus, MSI, Razer, Acer and Dell. It is difficult to determine what the best option is as we try to balance price, performance, design, battery life and any other components we find important when sourcing the best gaming laptops in 2020. If you find these laptops out of your budget, check out our recent article on the Best Gaming Laptops Under 500. Here is our list of the best gaming laptops!
Just so you know, if you click on a product and decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
Best Gaming Laptops in 2020
Best Slim Gaming Laptops
CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H Graphics: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q (8GB GDDR6 VRAM); Intel UHD Graphics 630 RAM: 24GB DDR4 (2,666MHz) Screen: 17.3-inch, Full HD (1,920×1,080) IPS, Pantone Validated (144Hz refresh rate with Nvidia G-Sync) Storage: 1TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Without a doubt, this is the best gaming laptop money can buy right now when factoring in cost, performance, design, specs, battery life and everything else you would look for packed into a gaming laptop.
From the robust Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 housed within paired with an insanely fast 8th generation Intel CPU, to the quick processing SSD and RAM installed within, this laptop will be hard to beat for many years.
These light weight, thin and portable gaming laptops make it easy to get rid of your old hunk of metal (desktop) probably collecting dust at this point. Do yourself a favor and buy one of these state-of-the-art gaming laptops of 2020.
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 (base: 990 MHz, Boost: 1230 MHz; TDP: 90W)
- Latest Intel Core i7-9750h Hexa-Core processor
- 17.3” 144Hz 3ms full HD (1920x1080) HDR IPS display
- 32GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | 1TB NVMe PCIe SSD (Hyper drive) | Windows 10 Professional
- Smaller-than-standard form Factor only 0.74” (18.7mm) thin
Best Gaming Laptop under $3000
CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H 2.20GHzGraphics: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 with Max-Q Design (8GB GDDR6); Intel UHD Graphics 630RAM: 32GB DDR4Screen: 17.3″ FHD, 1920×1080, 144Hz, IPS-LevelStorage: 1x M.2 SSD slot (SATA), 2x M.2 SSD Combo slot (NVMe PCIe Gen3 / SATA)
So you finally saved up a bit of money and it’s time you pull the trigger on an amazing gaming laptop, well we highly recommend the MSI GS75, a step up from the GS65. There is no doubt that MSI isn’t joking around anymore, they arguably have the best gaming laptop in 2020.
This beast of a machine offers a powerful GeForce RTX 2080 with a Max0Q Design Graphics Card which can handle the most advanced games today, fulled maxed out on FPS. We even went as far to bench test this device and even with the most graphically demanding games, the MSI GS75 was showing off with extra processing power to spare.
With some of the best built in cooling, you have the ability to play for hours before this gaming laptop breaks a sweat. It may have something to do with its 32 GB of DDR4 RAM, an 8th generation i7-8750H CPU or the copious amounts of SSD storage, but I digress.
Aesthetics, performance, specs… this gaming laptop has it all and we highly recommend it. If I were to rank these gaming laptops 10 times, this would be #1 five of the times.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-9750H Six Core Processor (12MB Cache, 2.6GHz-4.5GHz) 45W
- RAM: 64GB DDR4 2666MHz | Hard Drive: 2TB NVMe Solid State Drive
- Keyboard: Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost Key (84 Key) | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 Max-Q Design | Display: 17.3" Full HD 144Hz 3ms IPS-Level Display (1920 x 1080)
- 64GB RAM + 2TB NVMe SSD Upgrades | 3-Year CUK Limited Warranty (View warranty section below for more details.)
Longest Lasting Gaming Laptop Battery Life
This was the best gaming laptop in 2019 and it still remains one of the top gaming laptops of 2020.
CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2666Mhz | Screen: 15.6-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) IPS 144Hz | Storage: 512GB M.2 SSD | Battery: 80Whr | Dimensions: 9.25 x 13.98 x 0.78 inches | Weight: 4.63 lbs
We bench tested this amazing gaming laptop and while testing at it’s full performance level, the battery lasted for over 5 hours! So this may not be the thinnest and lightest model but you’ll be able to game on it for hours without it overheating or dying!
Our favorite part about this computer is that it is versatile and capable of replacing your deskktop and laptop. With additional add-ons like 4K OLED screens and top of the line GPUs, this laptop is unmatched.
The Razer Blade 15 Advanced Model is difficult to put at 3, it is one of the best overall gaming laptops on the market.
- Zero Compromise Powerhouse: Built for gaming and creative work in a 0.7" thin CNC aluminum unibody with high-performance, vapor chamber cooling
- Futureproof Design: Thunderbolt 3 capable, compatible with Razer Core external GPU enclosures for additional power; supports dual-channel memory and SSD upgradability
- Perfect Display for Work or Play: An edge-to-edge, 100% sRGB, factory-calibrated matte screen with a 240Hz refresh rate offers the best experience for intense gaming sessions or content creation
- Biometric Security: Supports Windows Hello instant facial unlock with integrated webcam and IR sensor
- Customizable RGB Individual Key Lighting: Includes 16.8 million colors available with multiple preset profiles
Fastest Gaming Laptops in 2020
CPU: Intel Core i7/Core i9 | GPU: NvidiaRTX2070/2080 | RAM: 8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB | Storage: 256GB/512GB SSD | Display: 17.3-inch display (1080p, G-Sync) | Weight: 8.5 pounds
The Alienware Area 51m is a powerful behemoth that is fully upgradable. The other laptops we have mentioned have an excellent Intel Core i7 CPU, well, the Alienware Area 51m has that beat a robust Intel Core i9 CPU.
With the addition of the Intel i9 CPU, and the high capactiy Nvidia RTX 2080 GPU, this gaming laptop is a man amongsth boys. I am confident that this computer can handle any game you throw at it. Heck, I bet it could handle any game you throw at it for the next 5 years.
In addition to the ability to easily interchange and swap out parts for a future-proof computer, the all encompassing gaming experience of using an Alienware is enough alone to buy this gaming laptop in 2020. There is a reason Alienware is considered the top dog and go-to gaming laptop in the gaming industry and this laptop doesn’t disappoint!
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9700K (8-Core, 12MB Cache, up to 4.9GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
- 17.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz Anti-Glare IPS Display w/ NVIDIA G-SYNC + Tobii eyetracking technology
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)
- 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 Memory
- 2 X 256GB PCIe Solid State Drive (R0) + 1TB (+8GB SSHD) Hybrid Drive
Best Affordable Gaming Laptop
CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2,667MHz | Screen: 15.6-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) IPS 144Hz | Storage: 512GB M.2 NVMe | Battery: 84Wh | Dimensions: 10 x 14.41 x 0.7 inches | Weight: 4.41 lbs
So we got through four of the best gaming laptops in 2020, why mention #5 on our list? Well, price. I could go on and on listing gaming laptops that are able to handle the best games and offer the best specs possible, but that isn’t always important. You need a balance between price and performance and that is exactly what the Acer Predator Triton 500 is.
Similar to the others, this gaming laptop offers an impressive Nvidia RTX 2080 and Intel Core i7-8750H CPU combination able to handle any game we through at it. With 16GM of RAM, a 512 GB SSD and a high refresh rate, this gaming laptop is a no-brainer for the price.
The design, battery life and screen resolution are comparable with any of the other laptops mentioned above which is why it made our list. The Acer Predator Triton 500 gaming laptop holds it own in a room full of absolute powerhouse devices.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8750H 6 Core Processor (Upto 4.1GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 overclock Graphics with Max Q design and 8 GB of dedicated GDDR6 DRAM. Network (RJ-45) is present
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) LED backlit IPS 144Hz refresh rate display with NVIDIA G SYNC technology
- 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory and 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 3 Fan cooling with one 4th Gen All Metal Aero Blade 3D and 5 copper heat pipes; VR Ready; customizable RGB KB; LAN: Killer Gaming Network E3000; wireless: Killer Double shot Pro Wireless AC 1550 802.11AC