Best Gaming Monitor Under 150
Having a great computer is important for every gamer, but it’s not all about the specs on your computer. Even if you have the most overkill computer specs, you’ll still need a good monitor. If you don’t have a nice display, then why even bother spending so much cash on your PC? That is why we have created a list so that you can find out what the best gaming monitor under 150 dollars is. It should be noted that prices change and that it is possible that some of these monitors are priced higher than 150 now.
Maybe you just spent too much money on your set up, and don’t really have much more cash for your gaming monitor. Everything labeled as gaming tends to be expensive, but it’s important to understand what you’re buying before you give out your money. You don’t need to go blow your hard earned cash just to buy the latest and greatest gaming monitors, there are plenty of great options for under 150.
Just so you know, if you click on a product and decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
Our Top 7 Best Gaming Monitors Under 150
As we mentioned before, you could easily spend thousands of dollars building your computer. Or probably you just bought a nice gaming laptop and you’re looking for a bigger display. But there are many other different scenarios, like if you’re just looking for a secondary monitor to your already great setup. You could very well be a gamer on a budget, so you need to find a nice monitor under $150.
Whatever the case may be, it’s always nice to have different options to choose from. That’s why here we’ve compiled the best gaming monitors you can buy on Amazon right now for under $150. They all feature most of the things every gamer needs, but there are some pros and cons to them all. So, to make things easier for you, let’s just get started with this!
1. Acer R240HY Bidx 23.8-Inch – Best Gaming Monitor Under 150
Acer is definitely a brand you should always keep in mind when searching for budget computers and laptops. They offer a wide range of computers of every type and in every price category. Whether you are looking to spend over a thousand dollars, or even if you’re looking for something around the $200 mark.
This Acer monitor is excellent for gamers on a budget for a lot of reasons. The design is modern, slim and thin, not to mention how lightweight it is. The stylish look of this monitor will immediately improve the looks of your battle station. But it-s also perfect for a nice, elegant look.
This Full HD Monitor also features an IPS panel with about 178 degrees viewing angle. The edge-to-edge display allows for a better multi-monitor experience. It’s perfect for office use and excellent gaming experience. It’s also recommended if you’re looking for a nice secondary display.
- 23. 8" Full HD IPS widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Response time: 4ms, refresh rate: 60Hz, Pixel Pitch: 0. 2745mm. 178 degree wide viewing angle, display colors: 16. 7M
- The Zero Frame design provides maximum visibility of the screen from edge to edge.
- Signal inputs: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI (withHDCP) & 1 x VGA. Does not support HDCP 2. 2, the version This monitor supports is HDCP 1. 4
- No picture visible using the OSD menu, adjust brightness and contrast to maximum or reset to their default settings. Brightness is 250 nit. Operating power consumption (energy Star): 25 W
2. Sceptre 24″ Curved LED Monitor – Best Curved Monitor
This Sceptre monitor costs the same as the Acer monitor previously listed, but it’s pretty different. This monitor features a sleek design, a curved monitor offers many advantages, but it’s definitely not for everybody. You won’t really have to worry about this since it’s a soft friendly curve.
The soft curve is amazing for putting together multiple of these monitors and creating an amazing immersive gaming experience. The edgeless panel offers a bright, Full HD image. The monitor also features a faster refresh rate.
While the average monitor offers a 60Hz refresh rate, the Sceptre curved monitor goes up to a nice 75Hz. This is excellent for reducing ghosting and creates not only a better gaming experience but also better for an overall cinematic feel.
It features excellent color accuracy, but it also includes an eye-care mode. This night shift is similar to the ones you find on your smartphone, reducing the blue light waves. While it’s not recommended to use this for color accuracy, it’s nice for late-night web browsing. Or even extra late work shifts.
The stand also allows for a 15 degrees tilt to the back and 5 degrees to forward. This allows a better ergonomic use, and if you decide to set up multiple of these monitors together, it can be the last adjustment you need. Anti-flickering, fast refresh rate in this curved, edge-to-edge, fast response monitor, at an excellent price.
- 1800R curve monitor the curved display delivers a revolutionary visual experience with a leading 1800R screen curvature as the images appear to wrap around you for an in depth, immersive experience
- Hdmi, VGA & PC audio in ports
- High refresh rate 75Hz
- Vesa wall mount ready; Lamp Life: 30,000+ Hours
- Windows 10 Sceptre Monitors are fully compatible with Windows 10, the most recent operating System available on PCs.Brightness: 220 cd/M2
3. HP Pavilion 22cwa – Best Rated Monitor
Sometimes it’s nice to stick to the brands you know, and HP is one of the most trustworthy brands you can find in the tech business. This HP Pavilion monitor is amazing for when you’re trying to get the most stylish design on your desk.
Even though it’s just on the mark of the $150, it’s still worth it just for the beautiful design this monitor is rocking. It features a 21.5 inch Full HD display with an anti-glare IPS LED-backlit panel.
The dynamic contrast ratio is perfect for getting strong, vivid colors. Your images will look amazing on this monitor. This is also perfect for working on color-delicate stuff. Every gamer needs a job after all, and if yours can be done with a computer, you’ll need color accuracy.
The micro-edge display is sleek and modern, and it helps make the images on the beautiful display pop-up even more. The anti-glare panel is also perfect for going easy on your eyes, and it helps a lot with annoying reflections. Glossy monitors are usually clearer, but the image here is just as beautiful.
The modern base also offers a tilt of 25 degrees backward and 2 degrees forward. It’s ultrathin and lightweight, and while it may not look too gamer-ish, it’s still a beautiful monitor. Excellent for everyday use and of course, for comfortably gaming at home.
- RESOLUTION & PANEL — 21.5-inch Full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p @ 60 Hz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and an anti-glare IPS LED-backlit panel (2 million pixels)
- RESPONSE TIME — 7ms with overdrive and vivid color scheme for a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion blur
- ADJUSTABLE VIEWING — Adjustable tilt (-5° to 25°) with 178° positional viewing for the best quality at any angle.Power consumption:24 Watts max
- CONNECTIVITY — Open wedge contemporary design allows easy access to VGA and HDMI with HDCP support for laptop or multi-monitor setups INCLUDES - AC power cord, VGA cable, and power adapter
- COMPATIBILITY — Plug and play for all OS such as Windows & Mac OS for laptop connectivity and PS4 (NOTE: USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI adapters required for 2016 MacBook Pros or later)
4. HP VH240a – Best Gaming Monitor Under 150 with Built-in Speakers
We’re back again with another HP monitor here. Once again delivering beautiful design and a high-quality build. Similar to the other monitor, this is also a Full HD anti-glare LED-backlit panel. The response rate and color accuracy in this monitor is incredible.
Most gamers usually have their own sound system installed, or play using a headset. In any case, it’s always nice to have a backup plan, and this monitor has an included sound system. Just like a TV, the integrated speakers deliver a clear audio performance.
This monitor is not only an excellent main monitor, but it could very well be a perfect secondary monitor too. Its affordable price, nice design and edge-to-edge display make it perfect for reducing the space needed in your desk. Not only that, but the integrated stand also allows for a monitor rotation into a vertical portrait mode.
Having a secondary monitor in portrait mode is perfect for better efficiency when streaming and multi-tasking. The vertical display is perfect for reading and having extra information while keeping your main monitor free from any distraction.
- RESOLUTION & PANEL — 23.8-inch Full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p @ 60 Hz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and an anti-glare matte IPS LED-backlit panel (2 million pixels, 16.7 million colors)
- RESPONSE TIME — 5ms with overdrive for a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion blur
- BUILT-IN SPEAKERS — Integrated audio speakers provide great sound for your content (2 watts per channel)
- THIN BEZEL-LESS FRAME — A thin and virtually frameless ultra-widescreen monitor provides a seamless multi-monitor set-up with 3-sided narrow bezels
- 4-WAY ERGONOMIC VIEWING — 90° rotation for horizontal (landscape) and vertical (portrait) viewing modes, adjustable height and tilt (-5° to 30°), and 178° positional viewing for the best quality at any angle
5. AOC 24V2H – Best Slim Monitor
We’ve talked a lot about nice design, modern look and slim bezels here, but it’s with the AOC 24V2H monitor that things get serious. This AOC monitor features a Full HD IPS LED back-lit panel.
The color accuracy and intensity are amazing, and the truly edge-to-edge are just perfect for a seamless multiple monitor experience. It features a FlickerFree Display and the images will move smoothly thanks to the advanced AMD FreeSync software. Pair up this monitor with an AMD powered computer and hardware and software will work together to deliver the best quality experience.
This monitor isn’t compatible with clutter-free mounts so keep in mind that you’ll have to stick with the included base. All the connectors are attached to the base itself, rather than into the monitor. And such a thin, light and slim monitor also has a price to pay, as it is very delicate. You should always handle it with care, but then again you should always handle your monitors carefully.
The price and quality of the AOC 24V2H are perfect for a multi-monitor set up. And the design is perfect for a modern-looking gaming battle station on a budget. Even if you don’t use an AMD powered computer, it features a 75Hz refresh rate, making it faster than the average monitor. The ghosting and blurriness of the images are greatly reduced thanks to this, and the fast response time of 5ms is perfect for gaming.
- AOC 24" (23. 8" Viewable) LED monitor full HD 1920x1080 LED monitor with ultra-slim profile in a modern design
- Hidden edge IPS panel with 3-sided frameless design
- 5ms response time and 75Hz refresh rate and is AMD Free Sync compatible for smooth gaming actions
- 20, 000, 000: 1 Smart contrast ratio
- Hdmi 1. 4 and VGA inputs (HDMI cable included) with audio Line-out. Base removal
ViewSonic is a well-known monitor brand that manufactures some of the nicest and budget-friendly monitors around. While this one doesn’t look very gamer-ish, it’s still perfect for the gamer on a budget. This is a great Full HD monitor with SuperClear IPS technology for excellent viewing angles. Not only is this the best gaming monitor under 150, it is also the best budget monitor under 150. Whether or not you are on a budget, we highly recommend this awesome monitor.
This monitor is perfect for staying on a budget while still delivering an immersive gaming experience. It features a nice modern look and edge-to-edge near bezel-less display. With great display quality, brightness and viewing angles, it offers everything you need at an excellent price. Perfect for when you just need an extra monitor into your battle station.
The monitor even features a VGA connector, if you still need one, and even if you don’t it is still always nice to have more ports. Don’t let the office fool you with this monitor, it’s still an excellent piece of hardware that should last you many years.
- GREAT FOR HOME AND OFFICE: An ideal all-around display for desktop, or laptop
- SEE THE DIFFERENCE: Razor-sharp clarity and detail with Full HD (1920x1080p) resolution
- AMAZING AT ANY ANGLE: A thin bezel IPS panel ensures stunning views no matter your vantage point
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The VA2259-SMH supports laptops, PCs, Macs, and POS systems with HDMI, and VGA inputs
- INDUSTRY-LEADING WARRANTY: 3-year coverage with access to our US-based customer service team
BenQ is another of those brands that have been around for a long time, earning them the trust they’ve built with their excellent products. This monitor is a perfect mix of quality, price, and design. It’s surprising what they deliver here for even less than $115.
This 24-inch monitor features a Full HD display with a VA panel. While almost every monitor on this list features an IPS panel, there are pros and cons to both of them. VA is a better choice if your gaming area is not well illuminated. You can lower the brightness of the monitor a lot without affecting the image. And while the viewing angles on an IPS are superior, this type of monitor has deeper blacks compared to the IPS.
You’ll have to calibrate a little the colors in your monitor, but after dealing with that you’re ready to go. This monitor also features an excellent beautiful design and even a proprietary eye-care adaptive brightness technology. The 75Hz refresh rate combined with its 1ms response time and ZeroFlicker are perfect for an enhanced gaming experience.
While it has some thin bezels, its design is still pretty modern and nice looking. The carbon-fiber pattern on the back will be a perfect match for most of your gaming accessories too.
- 24 inch Full HD 1080P IPS panel: 23. 8” Full HD IPS widescreen with 1920x1080 resolution, 250 nits of brightness, built-in speakers
- Wide viewing angle: 178° wide viewing angle for Clarity from any viewing angle
- Edge to edge slim bezel design: ultra-slim bezel for virtually seamless multi-panel configurations for extended view, space-saving base, elegant design for home office
- Patented Eye-Care for extended use: Proprietary brightness Intelligence Adaptive technology adjusts brightness for comfortable viewing, low Blue light and zeroflicker technology prevent headaches and eye strain. This eye Tech delivers optimized images that are easy on your eyes.
- Integrated cable management system: neatly hides cables inside monitor stand; VESA wall mount: 100x100 (mm)
Whether you are looking for a better monitor than you have now, in need of a budget monitor, or just are looking for the best gaming monitor under 150, then these are all great choices depending on your gaming needs. If you can afford better monitors, then you may want to check out some of our other monitor buying guides. In case you missed it, the Acer R240HY Bidx was our number one selection and choice for the best gaming monitors under 150 was. Thank you for reading, let us know your thoughts.